Our mission is to nourish with good food, empower with knowledge, and serve with compassion.
Individuals needing food assistance may choose from three different programs:
- On-site Food Distribution Days, for people wishing to shop and select their own foods.
- Home Delivery, for people with severe disability who are unable to get to the food bank.
- To-Go Food Bag, for people without access to a kitchen and in need of pre-prepared foods.
See below for more information about these programs.
On-site Food Distribution Days
For people wishing to shop and select their own foods.
Wednesdays & Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- No appointment necessary — just show up!
- RVFB does not have any ZIP code restrictions — all are welcome.
- Guests may receive food one day each week. So choose Wednesday OR Saturday, please.
What to Expect:
- Street parking is limited. The food bank is accessible by bus routes 7, 9 & 50, and is located within a 15 minute walk of the Columbia City light rail station.
- Upon arrival, see the line host to receive a waiting number outside. Numbers are handed out between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. When your number is called, you may enter the food bank and check in with the front desk.
- Our waiting area is outside, with limited shelter. Dress well, and prepare to wait outside until your number is called.
- Wait times vary between 15 minutes to 2 hours.
What to Bring:
- Identification is helpful but not required.
- Your own bag to carry your groceries in.
- If you have a disability, please inform the line host.
For people with severe disability who are unable to get to the food bank.
- Call (206) 723-4105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recipients must complete an application, including a doctor’s referral.
- Recipients must be within RVFB’s delivery range, which is within approximately two miles of the food bank.
What to Expect:
- Food is delivered once per week and is intended to last three to four days.
- Food is selected by RVFB staff and includes a well-rounded selection of primary food groups.
- RVFB staff does their best to accommodate dietary needs, when resources allow.
- Food is delivered to your doorstep weekly by trained volunteers or RVFB staff.
About The Program:
Each week, RVFB delivers groceries to more than 200 homebound individuals/households in southeast Seattle, with a focus on seniors, disabled, families with disabled children, or people living with chronic illness.
To-go Food Bag
For persons without access to a kitchen and in need of pre-prepared foods.
Tuesday through Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- To-Go Food Bags are for unhoused individuals living outdoors or in a vehicle without cooking facilities.
What to Expect:
- Upon arrival to the food bank, ask a staff or volunteer for a To-Go Food Bag.
- Please wait patiently outside for your bag.
- The contents of the bag are subject to availability and may vary from day-to-day.
- You may receive one (1) To-Go Food Bag per day.
- Persons receiving a To-Go Food Bag cannot select their own food items from shelving inside the food bank.